If you are looking to sell Real Estate, we are here to help! Jamie and the Brick & Mortar team have been selling Real Estate in Charlottesville and the surrounding counties for over 5 years. Here is a brief overview of the process:
- We will set up an initial meeting to determine the condition of your home and access if any repairs/renovations should be made prior to listing. This is a great time to note any upgrades you have made to your home as well.
- We will do a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA), to see how your home stands up to other comparable properties that have sold within the last six months. We will also analyze homes that are currently on the market that would be considered competitors to your listing. After we do a CMA, we will discuss with you a price point that makes sense for the market, and where you would feel comfortable listing.
- Once we are ready to list, we will discuss any home staging needs with you. We have an on-staff professional photographer who will take interior and exterior photos of your home. This is SO important because this will be every potential purchaser’s first impression of your home, so great pictures are a must! We will also take a video walk through of your home if that is suitable.
- Once we have photos and all of the listing documents have been taken care of, your listing will go live and will be featured on the MLS, as well as the Brick & Mortar website and social media platforms, in addition to feeder sites like Zillow and Realtor.com.
- During the listing process, we facilitate marketing to other agents, potential purchasers, and also coordinate any showings. You don’t ever have to speak with other agents or interested parties.
- Once you receive a contract on your property, we will guide you through the contract process and timeline. Typically, there will be an approximate two week home inspection period for the purchaser to conduct their inspection(s). We will negotiate inspection items on your behalf, and can also help facilitate contractors to complete the work we have agreed upon.
- After the inspection period has been satisfied, we will work with your closing attorney to ensure a smooth transaction all the way to settlement.
If you have any questions at all, or to inquire about selling your property, please contact us!